Crossword fans get ready, it's time to test your knowledge of all that is uniquely Northern Calgary-based crossword designer Gwen Sjogren, author of the very popular "Cross-Canada Crosswords" and "Cross-Canada Crosswords 2" is back at it again with her third collection of challenging and playful puzzles in "Cross-Canada Crosswords 3."
Most crosswords appearing in Canadian newspapers and puzzle books originate in the USA, and it shows in the spellings and cultural references, but if you know:
* who is eligible for a Stephen Leacock Award;
* what a "Molson muscle" is;
* when to use a fork instead of a bow on a fiddlehead;
* where civil servants walk on water;
* why The Littlest Hobo never spoke;
* how Brad Gushue cleans up with a broom;
then there's a good chance you're Canadian, and an even better chance you'll enjoy "Cross-Canada Crossswords 3." Twenty-eight new crosswords, including regular and jumbo-sized puzzles, make for hours of entertainment.